four things meme
Egads! Derek tagged me, so here we go with some friday meme fun.
Four jobs I've had
- Bookseller - three different bookshops, the most fun was SF/Crime specialists Pulp Fiction.
- Assistant Web Developer (although there was no Web Developer to assist...)
- Web Standards Developer
Four movies I can watch over and over
- The Blues Brothers
- Good Will Hunting
- The Birdcage
I don't think I've ever intentionally set out to watch Good Will Hunting or The Birdcage; but if they're on I discover I've sat down just for a minute... There are a few others like Aliens, Blade, The Princess Bride, Go, Gone In 60 Seconds (oh, the cars, drool).
Four places I have lived
- *sigh* I generally don't admit... Ipswich. But it was in a heritage-listed sandstone house (open house once a month).
- Glamorganvale, a country town near Ipswich. We had a deer farm (as a second business for my parents).
- Brisbane, Emmanuel College (that's a residence, if you're American) for two of my university years.
- Brisbane, in a succession of share houses and rentals: Ashgrove, Newmarket, The Gap, Indooroopilly, St Lucia, Toowong, Taringa. If you want to sell a house, let me move in. It'll sell.
Four television shows I love to watch
- Rage - bumping Iron Chef after Cam Pegg's post reminded me I cannot leave out the reason I've stayed up half the night on so many occasions.
- Top Gear
- Red Dwarf
Four places I have been on vacation
- Point Lookout, Stradbroke Island (just off the Brisbane coast)
Yeah, I really need to get out of the country at some stage.
Four of my favourite dishes
- Noodles, thick noodles (like hokkien) in just about any style. Thai in particular or yakisoba from good teppanyaki places.
- Spaghetti or simple pastas (eg. proscuitto, tomato, basil, pine nuts and a sprinkle of parmesan)
- Beef and Guinness pie. With a pint of Kilkenny and about a week to digest it all.
- Steak and chips. Healthy be damned ;)
Four websites I visit daily
- Newsfeeds (particularly for work) and Livejournal syndication (for the vast numbers of people I know with LJs)
Wow, I guess Google really does control my brain. I don't really visit specific websites every day, any more. There are some webcomics without feeds that I visit every couple of days, like The Whiteboard.
Four places I would rather be right now
- In the shade on top of the cliffs at Point Lookout, with the breeze and the sound of the sea, watching the turtles swimming in the surf.
- London (well actually, the UK would be more accurate - lots of places I want to see)
- Berlin (I've no idea why, but one day I just realised I want to go there)
- Melbourne or Sydney
Four bloggers I am tagging
- Andrew Krespanis
- Nick Caldwell (although he'll say he doesn't do memes...)
- OK, the fourth one is tough. I keep going to tag someone and they're already tagged! So I'm throwing this one open: I met a lot of people at WE05 who didn't have cards (or had run out). The result is I don't have a URL for said people. If you're one of them, and you're reading this, consider yourself tagged :)